Sunday, July 13, 2008

'A PIE FOR EVERY REPLY': PART 7

ONE MORE PIE SHOOT...AND A SURPRISE ENDING!

The next morning, we decided to shoot one more scene, since we still had the hotel for a few more hours and wanted to take advantage of filming once again. We still had the back drop up, so we only had to put a few tarps on the carpet around the area. We decided to shoot a 'Room Service' type of scene, where I am finished doing the 119 pie thing and I am relaxing, waiting for room service to bring me a steak. Needless to say, the waiter brought some more pies (what did you expect, I am the piegirl and we still had left over supplies!) and proceeded to push my face in them, and then throw the rest at me. There were only 12 in that scene...a mere pittance of pies and mess!

One last shower and finally, we were ready to check out of the hotel. I had one more bag of garbage to dispose of, so I said I would meet hubby at the car while he checked out and packed the car.

Well, as I approached the garbage dumpster, turned out there were others who were interested in my 'Pie For Every Reply' mess! There, standing next to a few garbage bags, were two hotel workers in their uniforms, talking to each other. Oh no, I thought! Don't look guilty or suspicious, I said to myself, you are just taking garbage to the dumpster. As I got closer, they turned towards me and motioned to me. "Look in there!", one of them said, as he nodded towards the inside. "Be careful, there are raccoons in there. We have to clean out the dumpster and get them out. Give me your garbage bag." I peered inside as I extended by arm towards him and handed him the bag. There, sitting in the corner, were 3 little raccoons! They had made a hole in a few of the bags I had thrown out the night before, and were covered with pie crusts and shaving cream! It was all over their faces and fur...my mess! They looked so cute, though! It was on their heads and their claws, and some of it was dripping off their chins! Oh my! I laughed at the thought of what the combination of the food and shaving cream would do to their little bodies...bloat and then bam! I hoped that they would be OK! I wished now that I had taken a picture of those little guys to post on the UMD! First animal WAM? Nah, let's not go there!

A funny ending to my messy story!

END OF PART SEVEN...TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: