Saturday, July 12, 2008

'A PIE FOR EVERY REPLY': PART 5

THE SHOOT

Well the big day was here! It was over a month in the planning stages.

We woke up at 7am and started to fill the pie tins with shaving cream. It took about 45 minutes to get that all completed, and to make sure that everything else was ready too. We had two cameras ready (didn't want to chance that something would go wrong if we only had one) and we were excited to begin! What we didn't plan for though, was an overcast, rainy day. What natural light we had hoped to use (in addition to the hotel's lights and what we brought with us), was gone. Oh well, there was nothing we could do about it, we had to move on.

We had talked about how we would coordinate it all, since hubby had to make sure the cameras were working at all times, make sure I was always in the frame, change the back up batteries when needed, hand me the posters, read our extra copy to see if there any additional requests that needed to be followed...AND pie me!

We were ready to start with the first pie! I took a deep breath, smiled and we began. After I was hit, I asked, "How many more are there?!" Ha ha! After that, it went pretty well...extremely well, I might add, for two amateurs doing a massive pie shoot!

It was exciting to 'take a pie' for all the people that had replied...some I had chatted with, others that I recognized from the forum, and some that I did not know at all. And although, I had asked for their preferences (thrown or pushed, on a clean face or messy), it was still very interesting to see the different responses.

Then there was my record breaker...# 79! I had sent him a message, asking if there was anything special that he wanted me to do (um, within reason!) since he was a record breaking 'notch' in my pie history! He added syrup to the mess, and it just kept going from there!

There were some additional requests too...and I tried to accommodate what I could. For some reason, lucky 100 was hubby (hmmm, I think that might have been planned!) and he decided to pour chocolate frosting on me. There were other requests too...cherry pies, banana cream and they went on and on.

I even had a request to get my feet pied! Well that took some doing. Since we knew that the bottom of the pool would be full of mess, by the time we would get to that request, we brought a white plastic chair with us. We put it in the pool and I sat on it as I wiped off my feet. Then I moved up and positioned myself on the back of the chair as I rested my feet on the seat. But I kept slipping off and had trouble keeping my mark! Finally, I was able to hold it long enough to get my feet pied...and then oops, a big slide off! I think I broke the back of the chair! I laughed!

Another interesting one was the cake batter green slime request. It was the first time that I had ever done slime, and I was clued in by a fan to make sure it was nice and warm. Well, it was, and what a feeling! I want to do that again real soon!

All in all, it took two and a half hours to do the 119 pies and stuff...it was fun, exciting and exhausting! At the end, I sat down in the kiddie pool to just mellow out for a while. I didn't want to think of what was ahead!

END OF PART FIVE...TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments: